- Annual Meetings Daily, 2021 Edition
- Contemplative Trade Advocate
- We’re re-engaged with development partners — Saffa
- Bridging the poverty gap
- Digital payment for financial inclusion
- Commonwealth discuss rising global debt
- Climate Change: Central Banks to the rescue again?
- We’re re-engaged with development partners — Saffa
- New Kid, New Ideas
- Crude Oil and Nigeria’s Unending Economic Diversification
- Oil Producing Communities Still Holding the Short End of the Stick
- Niger Delta: Saving the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggs
- Nigerian’s Niger-Delta: A Region in Abundance, A Region in Crises
- Resource Management in the Nigerian Petroleum Sector
- NNRC Framework as a Tool for Effective Resource Management
- Human Capital Index debuts
- US-China face-off is “Game of Thrones” —Pres. Jokowi
- Inclusive growth through digital tech
- Like Indonesia, global economy is resilient —Kim, Lagarde
- UN’s new strategy for youths ‘to lead’
- Promoting Mandela’s legacy in peace building
- Africa’s school feeding progress
- Putting faith in data to tackle global hunger
- Making Progress with Climate Change
- All’s not well with the United Nations
- Gender Equality: Using Data to Drive Change
- Global Economy Feeling the Weight of Trade War
- Risks to Global Growth Surge
- Global financial system stable, in spite of risks
- Global trade in peril
- Trump, Buhari, Macron, others kick-off debate at 73 UNGA
- Global poverty progress under threat
- China Not to Blame for Africa’s Debt
- AfDB’s poor financial performance worries shareholders
- Can World Leaders Tame Migration?
- World Leaders call attention to Global Goals
- African Development Bank flies into stormy weather
- 2019 Polls may impede ERGP —Akpan Ekpo
- Only private refineries will solve Nigeria’s fuel crisis – Ronke Onadeko
- NNRC Commends Passage of PIGB, Calls on the President to Assent
- Priority Shifts to Human Capital Development
- Babacar Lives!
- Unleashing the power of women entrepreneurs
- “Society Should Adjust to Automation”
- ‘Europe’s recovery remains robust’
- Time to build a disaster-resilient future
- The Best Chancellor Germany Never Had
- Global award for Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor
- Driving Structural Change in Developing Countries
- Towards a more secure recovery shared by all
- China’s Monetary Policy Reformer
- Growth likely in Latin America and the Caribbean
- ‘Global economic recovery will promote inclusive growth’
- World Bank, Japan to mobilize capital market investments
- Sub-Saharan Africa economic growth firms-up
- Global financial stability remains vulnerable —IMF
- Reducing inequality through tax
- Policies and strategies alone can’t trigger Africa’s industrialization, says Nnadozie
- Indonesia is ready for the world —Peter Jacobs
- Climate Finance comes into its own
- Skilled People and Strong Institutions, key to Transforming Africa — Nnadozie
- Fund, Bank want cooperation over fragile global economic recovery
- KENYA BECOMES AFC’S 15TH MEMBER
- AFC-BCG ANALYSIS REVEALS BEST PRACTICES FOR AFRICA INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT
- Akinwumi Adesina Bags 2017 World Food Prize
- Les OSC africaine et indienne partagent les expériences sur la « Révolution verte de l’Inde» — Zéneb Touré
- Sudan in a Post-Sanctions Era: Development Prospects and Opportunities
- AfDB’s Post-Harvest Losses Reduction and Agro-Processing initiative (2)
- Stunting costs Africa $25 billion annually – Adesina
- Creating Wealth Through Fashionomics
- Financing “Nollywood” to change perceptions on agriculture
- AfDB, Sierra Leone sign $1m loan agreement for Water Project
- Boost for International Solar Alliance
- ‘Human capital development key to Africa-India cooperation’
- Morocco, Tanzania, Somalia, Ghana and Mauritania Shine!
- Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board sign MOU with CWC Group on PNC Forum
- DHL Express lauds employees as cornerstone of success
- The Delivery Unit of the Office of the Prime Minister of Guinea launches a study on financing for irrigation schemes for farmers in the pineapple value chain
- PayU moves to connect businesses to N200bn online payment market
- Most Expensive Cities in the world
- Milte hai dubara!
- Poverty — A time to act
- Forging Partnership for Africa’s Development
- AfDB’s talent hunt show for African youths
- Achieving development goals with domestic resources
- Financial highlights: Maximising assistance to Africa
- Nigerian Finance Minister wants the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and government to rollout youth agric program nationally
- AfDB is partnering with Nigeria to boost agriculture – Faal
- Le Département de Secteur privé accélérera les investissements dans l’infrastructure intégrée et transfrontalière — Kodeidja Diallo
- AfDB’s target is to raise African billionaires from agriculture – Adesina
- Make nutrition a development issue
- EximBank India, review financing strategy in Africa, please
- ‘Modernise agriculture to feed Africa’
- Africa’s economic growth remains resilient
- “Perspectives économiques en Afrique”, édition 2017 : Libérer le potentiel des entrepreneurs africains
- India-Africa relations: Cooperation for Inclusive Growth
- BAD – MAURITANIE : UNE COOPERATION FRUCTUEUSE
- AfDB’s strategic partnership with Angola
- Reflections on AfDB President’s historic visit to Sudan
- AfDB’s Post-Harvest Losses Reduction and Agro-Processing initiative
- Nécessité d’assurer le fonctionnement des postes de contrôles juxtaposés en Afrique de l’Ouest
- Bright future for Africa-India partnership
- AfDB scored high on ‘Feed Africa’ strategy
- India- Africa Trade Exhibition takes off
- Énergiser l’avenir de l’Afrique
- AfDB: A pillar of support for Malawi
- Turning Africa’s agricultural sector into a viable business
- Book Launch: Fresh approach to development
- Jolly ride on golf carts for delegates
- Africa and Gandhi’s Philosophy
- La réalisation des Objectifs de développement durable passe par la protection de la diversité culturelle
- Making money from agriculture
- Algérie-BAD : Un partenariat solide et exemplaire
- AfDB is driving universal access to energy in Africa – Shonibare
- THE 10,000 COMMUNITIES IN 1,000 DAYS INITIATIVE
- AfDB woos African youths to agriculture
- Quest for grander Africa-India cooperation
- Addressing Africa’s nutrition challenge
- «Le Top 5 de la BAD, une véritable thérapie, qui va accélérer le développement inclusif et durable de l’Afrique,» Kodeidja Diallo
- Agricultural transformation tops AfDB’s agenda
- Bienvenue à tous aux Assemblées annuelles de la BAD à Ahmedabad
- Photo of the day
- AfDB President concludes official mission to India
- Adesina speaks of “Africa’s promise” at Emerging Markets Forum in Abidjan
- 2017 African Development Bank Annual Meetings: “Transforming Agriculture for Wealth Creation in Africa”
- Improving Governance Is Key to Ensuring Equitable Growth in Developing Countries
- Record number of participants attend Central African Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment
- AfDB gives voice to African youth during the TV finale of “Voix des Jeunes” competition
- Quantum Global named Best Investment Company Angola 2016
- RBI signals end to cash controls
- RBI signals end to cash controls
- African Economic Conference: Why does Africa need an agricultural transformation?
- Small-holder farmers in Africa have a brighter future — Pertev
- Nigerian State Governor woos World Bank
- Africa records lowest growth rate in 20 years
- Africa’s narrative is changing — Marah
- ‘World Bank role’s critical in tackling distrust in government institutions’
- IMF approves zero-interest rates for low income countries
- Report links WBG to Asia’s coal power funding saga
- Ethiopia is an investor’s delight — Mohammed
- A unipolar world where settlement is dominated by the dollar is risky for everyone — Prof. Soludo
- Tracking a development junkie
- Ethiopia’s push for early childhood development
- G-24 demands holistic efforts on global economy
- Why global leaders must collaborate to actualize SDGs
- Who’s against world trade?
- Europe Still Needs Africa
- AfDB’s financials remain strong —Boamah
- Amazon of central banking
- Linah Mohohlo: Iron lady of central banking retires after four decades
- World Bank calls for investment on children
- Shaping the future of development agenda
- Nigeria, Canada mobilize private funds to address infrastructure deficit
- ENDORSEMENT: Mrs Clinton Should Win
- Our focus is to reduce inequality, says Jim Kim
- “New Normal” not normal — Lagarde
- Africa and the G20’s Moment of Truth
- A consummate technocrat
- Global leaders admonish the youths to fight corruption
- IMF extends zero-interest loan programme to poor countries
- Making macroeconomics work for women
- Technological revolution is changing the world
- Global Poverty Reduction: World Bank seeks equitable Growth
- Reducing Inequality for growth
- Tax reform for resource-rich countries
- Africa needs fair-playing field in infrastructure financing — Adeosun
- Hope for Global Finance
- Testing the Posting
- FUMIGATION AND VECTOR CONTROL
- The African Development Bank Group appoints Ismaila Dieng as Director of Communications and External Relations
- Le financement du commerce est important pour doper le commerce intra régional
- Africa – Workshop of the world?
- AfDB signs MOU to protect vulnerable Africans
- ‘Africa should no longer suffer climate change injustice’
- Private sector critical for lighting up Africa, says Ncube
- Japan supports High 5s
- ALSF launches energy project financing resource handbook
- Afreximbank: Boosting intra-African trade
- Energy is critical to Africa’s transformation — Kasekende
- AfDB’s High 5s is revolutionary—Okogwu
- Integration is vital for Africa’s transformation — Litse
- Transformation is hard work – Leautier
- AfDB is truly repositioning itself for a performance culture — Moyo
- ICT uptake: Ethiopia’s Abay Bank shows the way to indigenous African start-ups
- AfDB : A pillar of support for Sierra Leone
- Impact of AfDB on Sudan’s Stock Market
- High 5s is a smart approach to Africa’s development — Ndiaye
- AfDB hosting significant for Zambian economy — Denny Kalyalya
- Emergence de la Côte d’Ivoire en 2020, un pari gagné pour le bonheur de l’Homme ivoirien
- Positive income in a negative operating environment
- Ressources humaines : la rétention des talents tient à la compétitivité, à la formation…
- Infrastructure is key to transforming commodities —Akin-Olugbade
- `High 5s… et après ? La France investira 20 milliards d’euros sur cinq ans, pour soutenir l’Afrique
- Time to facilitate continental free-trading —Oramah
- How to make women and youths agro transformers
- African leaders Call for Collaboration to Fight Climate Change
- Miser sur les femmes, les jeunes et sur l’agro-industrie pour bâtir l’Afrique de demain
- Give Africa a High 5!
- BAD-Gouvernement-Secteur privé et Société civile : nous engrangerons des résultats pour transformer l’Afrique
- La Mauritanie et le BAD : un partenariat louable
- Tackling Africa’s Development Funding Challenges in Fragile Situations
- «Le secteur privé moteur de la croissance de l’Afrique…»
- AfDB is scaling up investments in the High 5s —Nwabufo
- Lessons from Zambia
- Integrating environmental and social issues, climate change and green growth in Africa’s development
- L’Environnement et l’Energie, deux pistes crédibles de la BAD, pour transformer l’Afrique et l’Homme africain
- Development in Transition States: How AfDB and Sudan Cooperate to Make a Difference
- Impact of AfDB’s intervention in Zambia
- Take time out to see the beauty of Zambia —Alexander Chikwanda
- Overcoming Africa’s “Energy Poverty”
- Tackling Africa’s Nutritional Deficiency
- AfDB’s Jobs for Women and Young People initiative
- Building Cities of the Future
- The High 5s will fast-track Africa’s transformation — Adesina
- Il faut libérer le potentiel des villes pour permettre la transformation économique du continent africain, selon Perspectives économiques en Afrique 2016
- “Make cities platforms of industrialisation, transformation”
- Comment nous ériger en continent, si nous sommes incapables de nourrir des enfants ?
- Make nutrition security a development issue
- Summit to address the ravages of climate change
- Expectations of AfDB Lusaka 2016
- Poverty is Sexist—time to refocus the development agenda on women and girls
- Taxation matters: Launching a new research project in Zambia
- Ekra: Finishing strong at Afreximbank
- Paris Climate Change Confab: Time to set Africa’s agenda
- Guinea-Bissau is now an investment destination — Martins
- Sierra Leone’s Post-Ebola Recovery Plan is on track —Marah
- Adesina’s Vision for a Prosperous Africa
- The Uncommon Technocrat
- Nigeria’s Brand New President
- Kamara: Technocrat with passion for Africa
- Okey Oramah set to become next Afreximbank President
- US dismisses call to give up IMF veto
- Five lucky African children to deliver 2015 Rugby World Cup match ball in London
- NEXIM Bank CEO elected President of the G-NEXID
- Africa and its democratization challenges
- AfDB Presidency: Who Wins?
- PROFILE: For President Obama, Africans are still waiting
- PROFILE: Pen Portrait of a Quintessential Reformist
- PROFILE: A consummate pan-Africanist
- Agriculture must run as business — Adesina
- 11 largest exporters of the world
- Poor impact of aid on developing countries
- Trade Policies of 11 Largest Exporting Countries
- Growing global poverty
- World Bank commits $400m to Ebola Crisis
- Ending Global Poverty: No alternative to PPP, inclusive growth
- Multilateral Institutions: Do they drive growth?
- Illicit financial flows threaten anti-poverty efforts
- Building new momentum for growth
- BEAC: Credibility Rediscovered — Abaga-Nchama
- Major structural reforms needed to boost Guinea-Bissau’s growth —Geraldo Martins
- Africa needs to reverse its declining share of global trade — Sufian
- Ebola outbreak is undermining our growth prospects — Marah
- A man on a mission to transform Africa
- AfDB is East Africa’s reliable development partner — Ketsela
- RwandAir, carrier of choice — Mirenge
- Etat de coopération entre la Circonscription « Afrique Centrale » et la BAD
- The Africa we envisage in 50 years’ time
- Rwanda’s capital market is on track — Mathu
- La mise en œuvre de l’initiative 3N
- “Our goal is to make Ethiopian export more competitive”
- AfDB is developing the real sector — Yahaya
- We’ve helped AfDB overcome legal impediments to development — Gadio
- AfDB will continue to build on its successes – Nwabufo
- Only sound macroeconomic policies can sustain Africa’s growth —Ncube
- La Transformation de l’Afrique: il faut des industries satellites autour des gisements d’extraction de ressources naturelles
- La BAD finance les infrastructures pour une croissance durable
- Pour un commerce rapide et compétitif en Afrique
- L’Afrique dans 50 ans doit dominer le circuit économique mondial
- Africa's leaders on trial: Guilty as charged?
- Who succeeds Kaberuka?
- Africa’s future rosy, only if…
- EBID is an instrument for financing development and integration in West Africa —IFO
- PROFILE – DR FRANNIE LEAUTIER: Queen of Development
- PROFILE – JEAN-LOUIS EKRA – Mr Africa Trade Finance
- ATO SUFIAN AHMED: A Man of Few Words
- SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI – Driven by result
- George W. Bush – History will be kind to him
- Poverty to drop 9 percent by 2020 —World Bank
- One Dollar campaign sets social media buzzing
- World economic outlook
- South Sudan seeks to emulate Ethiopia, Rwanda
- Help Fragile States prevent crisis
- World Bank sanctions Vietnam- based firm
- Latin America and Caribbean economies resilient
- Global Financial Crisis: IMF prescribes new stability therapy
- Africa needs data collection upgrade
- Economic recovery: UNCTAD urges policy rethink
- Francophone countries oppose G20 tax law
- Cracks in the Commonwealth
- Can the World Bank help end poverty?
- G20 sets global growth goals
- Africa’s transformation cannot occur if the politics is wrong —Ihedioha
- Knowledge is crucial to development — Kayizzi-Mugerwa
- Bank’s heart has always remained at Abidjan — Kone
- Bank’s finances protected against fraud — Bossman
- A third of African States are Fragile — Wahome
- AfDB’s monitoring of budget implementation effective — Nwabufo
- Africa’s prospects are strong — Ncube
- Africa’s development will help global recovery — Yahaya
- Marrakech is link between Europe and Africa — Mahroug
- No sustainable development without gender equity — Yoman
- Views of AfDB Experts andYoung Professionals
- Nous souhaitons offrir une expérience touristique riche et dense —Lahcen Haddad
- Climate change should be top priority for leaders — Nyong
- L’investissement est au cœur des préoccupations du Plan Maroc Vert —Akhannouch
- Bank more active in low-income countries — Abou-Sabaa
- Decentralisation expands Bank’s presence — H’Midouche
- Time to build a knowledge economy
- ‘Encourage more regional cooperation’
- Agriculture, women empowerment essential for Africa’s transformation — Mogae
- The world owes Africa nothing — President Kagame
- At last, AfDB returns to Abidjan
- 100 millions de dollars pour stimuler le commerce en Afrique
- Le capital humain: un milliard d’opportunités pour transformer l’Afrique
- Capacity building key to Africa’s transformation — Experts
- Microsoft partners AfDB
- Bienvenu à Marrakech
- Africa's Transformation – Annual Meetings – Day 1
- Hello world!
Dec 10 2019
Bridging the poverty gapadmin No Comments 1164The conversation on ways to reduce poverty and spur growth at the ongoing IMF/World Bank meetings was, indeed a harvest of ideas. Jordan’s Minister of Planning, Mr Mohammed Al-Assiss, who was in the discussion panel, identified energy as a huge handicap in the country’s effort to stem the tide ...
Nov 28 2019
Digital payment for financial inclusionadmin No Comments 908Few will argue against using digital payment systems to improve access to financial services for the 1.7billion unbanked people in the world, but there are risks that regulators will need to check before allowing such innovation is launched on a massive scale, says Mark Carney, Governor of the ...
Nov 28 2019
Commonwealth discuss rising global debtadmin No Comments 9710As the world’s debt rose by $3 trillion in the first quarter of 2019, hovering near a record high of $246.5 trillion which is more than three times the size of the global economy, experts warn that high levels of debt put countries in a vulnerable position in the event of a downturn and could ...
Nov 28 2019
Climate Change: Central Banks to the rescue again?admin No Comments 958Question: How many people believe that the IMF should stay away from the whole controversial business of Climate Change? Or, more appropriately; how many believe that central banks should keep away from the difficult business of fighting climate change and the associated risks? These were the ...
Jan 29 2019
Crude Oil and Nigeria’s Unending Economic Diversificationadmin No Comments 1596Every government that came to power in Nigeria has in the last three decades claimed that economic diversification away from oil as central to its economic policy, yet none made efforts to whittle down over dependence on oil for government revenue. Like a farmer watching the winds before ...
Dec 18 2018
Oil Producing Communities Still Holding the Short End of the Stickadmin No Comments 1481Ordinarily, with the kick-off of political campaign for the 2019 General Elections, the citizenry should be inundated with issue based politicking aimed at addressing the failures of time past and present. Political actors should present their manifestos for detailed scrutiny from the public ...
Dec 18 2018
Niger Delta: Saving the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggsadmin No Comments 1290Communities in living in oil producing areas of the Niger Delta region seem to be least impacted by the wealth that comes from there. This anomaly has gone unchecked over the last four decades breeding in its wake some of the most negative effects of such systemic neglect; banditry, militancy, ...
Dec 18 2018
Nigerian’s Niger-Delta: A Region in Abundance, A Region in Crisesadmin No Comments 1209Even with huge petroleum revenue from the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria, it is still host to the poorest of people. According to findings by the Natural Resource Charter Benchmarking Exercise, the poverty in the region is due to its inability to gain maximum benefits from its endowed natural ...
Dec 18 2018
Resource Management in the Nigerian Petroleum Sectoradmin No Comments 1104Whatever may be the resource a country is endowed by nature, management of revenue accrued from its tapping decides the rate of growth and development of that nation or otherwise. This was the emphasis of a recently organised capacity building workshop on the Utilization of the Natural Resource ...
Dec 18 2018
NNRC Framework as a Tool for Effective Resource Managementadmin No Comments 1312The need to ensure Nigerians get the maximum benefits from its oil and gas resources is the motivation behind the Nigeria Natural Resource Charter framework for policy formulation. Tengi George –Ikoli, programme coordinator, NNRC, said that the framework is a tool for effective resource ...
Oct 31 2018
US-China face-off is “Game of Thrones” —Pres. Jokowiadmin No Comments 1070Indonesia’s President and host of the Plenary Session of the IMF/World Bank, Joko Widodo, yesterday drew a burst of guffaws from a packed audience of delegates including visiting leaders of the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) a few minutes into his short but moving welcome ...
Oct 31 2018
Inclusive growth through digital techadmin No Comments 1051Governments around the world have been admonished to pursue policies that would enable their citizens to take advantage of the emerging digital economy and achieve inclusive financial growth. This could be done by investing in their people from their early years through life time to enable them ...
Oct 31 2018
Like Indonesia, global economy is resilient —Kim, Lagardeadmin No Comments 1135The global economy, like Indonesia, the host of this year’s largest financial-cum-economic talkfest, is “resilient and determined” to move forward. The world’s 4th most populous country (population: 262million) after China, India and USA, is dealing with the challenge of an unfortunate, ...
Oct 24 2018
UN’s new strategy for youths ‘to lead’admin No Comments 1158As part of efforts of the United Nations to fulfil the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and pave way for a more peaceful, sustainable and prosperous world, the UN Secretary-General António Guterres launched a new strategy for young people to lead at the ongoing 73rd session of the UN ...
Oct 24 2018
Promoting Mandela’s legacy in peace buildingadmin No Comments 1237THE United Nations General Assembly honoured Nelson Mandela, the former South African President and anti-apartheid campaigner with a pledge to build a just, peaceful and prosperous world and to revive the values for which he stood. At the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit, held as one of the ...
Oct 24 2018
Africa’s school feeding progressadmin No Comments 1198Since March 2016 when African leaders celebrated the first Africa Day of School Feeding, several successes have been recorded in improving the nutritional component of early childhood development. Many countries have initiated school feeding programmes as part of their policies to improve ...
Oct 24 2018
Putting faith in data to tackle global hungeradmin No Comments 1139As part of efforts to boost agricultural productivity and tackle the rise in global hunger, the Global Partnership for Sustainable Data has launched an unprecedented drive to collect data from 500 million smallholder farmers in 50 developing countries. The programme, unveiled at the Data to End ...
Oct 24 2018
Making Progress with Climate Changeadmin No Comments 1148From happenings around the world, it is now clear that one of the most significant threats facing humanity today is climate change. According to the American Meteorological Society, there is a 90 percent probability that global temperatures will rise by 3.5 to 7.4 degrees Celsius (6.3 to 13.3 ...
Oct 24 2018
All’s not well with the United Nationsadmin No Comments 1099The United Nations, 73, is showing signs of its age and the turbulent times it has been enduring in the past couple of decades. It is lethargic, with its component parts out of tune with one another, betrayed by the very people, the authorities and powers that gave it life. Regrettably, as ...
Policies and strategies alone can’t trigger Africa’s industrialization, says Nnadozie25 October 2017, 1:18 PM 0 1165The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), the African Union’s specialized agency for capacity development, has urged African countries to revive their leadership development institutions ...
AFC-BCG ANALYSIS REVEALS BEST PRACTICES FOR AFRICA INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT29 June 2017, 4:01 PM 0 1267SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA HAS A NEED FOR WELL-CONCEIVED PUBLIC-PRIVATE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN THE INFRASTRUCTURE SPACE. CURRENTLY, ROAD ACCESS IS JUST 34% IN THE REGION, AND TWO-THIRDS OF PEOPLE ...
Les OSC africaine et indienne partagent les expériences sur la « Révolution verte de l’Inde» — Zéneb Touré23 June 2017, 1:35 PM 0 1299Pour atteindre les objectifs de de développement, l’Afrique devra compter sur les efforts mutualisés de toutes les parties prenantes, y compris le gouvernement, le secteur privé, les BMD et les ...
AfDB’s Post-Harvest Losses Reduction and Agro-Processing initiative (2)23 June 2017, 12:45 PM 0 1387Component 3: Technologies for PHL reduction and value addition.Technologies play a central role in the improvement of the preservation of agricultural produce and, at the same time, to add value. ...
Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board sign MOU with CWC Group on PNC Forum22 June 2017, 2:43 PM 0 21799Practical Nigerian Content Forum, 6 – 9 November 2017, Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria LONDON, United Kingdom, June 22, 2017/ — NCDMB reinforces its commitment to the Practical Nigerian Content ...
The Delivery Unit of the Office of the Prime Minister of Guinea launches a study on financing for irrigation schemes for farmers in the pineapple value chain22 June 2017, 2:27 PM 0 1198Through this pilot initiative, the Delivery Unit will target several farmer cooperatives in Maférénya and Kindia regions, with the goal to increase their farm yield (from 30 to +50 tons per ...
Nigerian Finance Minister wants the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and government to rollout youth agric program nationally19 June 2017, 4:50 PM 0 1225Nigeria’s signatory to the ENABLE youth program will make the oil-rich country the third African country coming behind Cameroon and Sudan to benefit from funds under the AfDB Feed Africa ...
“Perspectives économiques en Afrique”, édition 2017 : Libérer le potentiel des entrepreneurs africains19 June 2017, 11:36 AM 0 1232Les gouvernements africains doivent miser davantage sur les entrepreneurs africains pour industrialiser leurs économies, affirme l’édition 2017 du rapport phare Perspectives économiques en ...
La réalisation des Objectifs de développement durable passe par la protection de la diversité culturelle15 June 2017, 11:10 AM 0 1153A l’occasion de la Journée mondiale de la diversité culturelle pour le dialogue et le développement, la Directrice générale de l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour l’éducation, la science et la ...
Adesina speaks of “Africa’s promise” at Emerging Markets Forum in Abidjan28 March 2017, 11:57 AM 0 1575“Africa will develop on its own terms, not based on the benevolence of others. And that is the only way we can make development faster and driven by our own needs – with a deep sense of urgency ...
2017 African Development Bank Annual Meetings: “Transforming Agriculture for Wealth Creation in Africa”16 February 2017, 3:09 PM 0 1494The 2017 Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group will be held on May 22-25, 2017 in Ahmedabad, India. The Annual Meetings are Bank’s largest annual event and serve to raise ...
Improving Governance Is Key to Ensuring Equitable Growth in Developing Countries9 February 2017, 3:57 PM 0 1242A new World Bank policy report urges developing countries and international development agencies to rethink their approach to governance, as a key to overcoming challenges related to security, ...
Record number of participants attend Central African Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment9 February 2017, 3:09 PM 0 1185The Central African Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment held Tuesday, February 7 in Yaoundé, Cameroon, was a resounding success, with over 200 participants attending the high-level event. ...
AfDB gives voice to African youth during the TV finale of “Voix des Jeunes” competition9 February 2017, 2:50 PM 0 1182Friday, February 3, 2017 was a special day at the African Development Bank. Even before 8 a.m., dozens of young people were gathered at the doors of the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan. In the ...
‘World Bank role’s critical in tackling distrust in government institutions’10 November 2016, 10:43 AM 0 1304The World Bank has an important role to play to increase trusts between people and their governments around the world, says Winnie Byanyima, the Executive Director, Oxfam International. ...
Nigeria, Canada mobilize private funds to address infrastructure deficit1 November 2016, 1:51 PM 0 1278Governments of Nigeria and Canada are mobilizing private funds to address infrastructure deficit. In her presentation at an IMF/World Bank flagship seminar on ‘Making Infrastructure Rewarding’, ...
Le financement du commerce est important pour doper le commerce intra régional19 July 2016, 2:33 PM 0 1481«Financer le commerce pour favoriser l’intégration régionale et la coopération sud-sud», est le thème sur lequel s’est penché un panel, le 26 mai 2016 à Lusaka, en marge des Assemblées annuelles ...
ICT uptake: Ethiopia’s Abay Bank shows the way to indigenous African start-ups18 July 2016, 2:43 PM 0 1318Africa’s financial services providers are waking up to the new realities of an ICT-driven world. Although the person-to person approach and cash are still dominant in service delivery, financial ...
Emergence de la Côte d’Ivoire en 2020, un pari gagné pour le bonheur de l’Homme ivoirien18 July 2016, 11:45 AM 0 1358La ministre en charge du Pan et du Développement de la Côte d’Ivoire, Mme Kaba Nialé, était récemment face à la presse pour exposer sur la mise en œuvre du Plan National de Développement ...
Ressources humaines : la rétention des talents tient à la compétitivité, à la formation…18 July 2016, 10:39 AM 0 1357Quelle politique des Ressources humaines (RH) en ce moment de changement organisationnel et de culture, où ça bouge à la BAD sous l’impulsion du nouveau modèle en place (BDDM) ? Préoccupation du ...
`High 5s… et après ? La France investira 20 milliards d’euros sur cinq ans, pour soutenir l’Afrique18 July 2016, 10:17 AM 0 1953La Banque bouge ! Les High5 : La France partage ces ambitions de la BAD, dans les cinq domaines ciblés. Et après… Passer à l’étape de mise en œuvre, qui, selon la France est cruciale. Une bonne ...
Miser sur les femmes, les jeunes et sur l’agro-industrie pour bâtir l’Afrique de demain15 July 2016, 3:43 PM 0 1360Comment opérer une véritable transformation du secteur de l’agriculture en Afrique, à laquelle participent pleinement tant les femmes que les jeunes d’Afrique ? La table ronde qui s’est tenue le ...
Il faut libérer le potentiel des villes pour permettre la transformation économique du continent africain, selon Perspectives économiques en Afrique 201613 July 2016, 1:01 PM 0 1324D’ici 2050, deux tiers des Africains devraient vivre dans des villes. Les formes que prendra l’urbanisation en Afrique seront par conséquent déterminantes pour la croissance et le développement ...
Comment nous ériger en continent, si nous sommes incapables de nourrir des enfants ?13 July 2016, 12:15 PM 0 1324« Investir dans la nutrition infantile, miser sur la volonté politique des dirigeants africains et former des partenariats, en vue d’en découdre avec les méfaits de la malnutrition», était l’une ...
Etat de coopération entre la Circonscription « Afrique Centrale » et la BAD30 May 2014, 2:24 PM 0 1384Par Mr. SENTORE LEONARD Le «Groupe Afrique Centrale» a été constitué au sein du Conseil d’Administration de la Banque le 25 mai 1995 à Abuja en marge des Assemblées annuelles de la BAD, par le ...
La Transformation de l’Afrique: il faut des industries satellites autour des gisements d’extraction de ressources naturelles29 May 2014, 4:31 PM 0 1422Par Atangana Garriba Kigali la Capitale du Rwanda abrite les Assemblées annuelles de la Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) et les travaux ont bel et bien démarré avec des conférences sur ...
Nous souhaitons offrir une expérience touristique riche et dense —Lahcen Haddad6 June 2013, 4:17 PM 0 1399Le secteur du tourisme maintient donc sa position comme l’un des piliers de l’économie marocaine : premier secteur porteur de devises en 2012 avec 59 milliards de dirhams. Il est également le ...
L’investissement est au cœur des préoccupations du Plan Maroc Vert —Akhannouch6 June 2013, 3:43 PM 0 1311Aziz Akhannouch est nommé Ministre de l’Agriculture et de la Pêche Maritime en 2007 par Sa Majesté le Roi Mohamed VI, renommé à la tête du même ministère, pour la deuxième fois successive, le 3 ...
African Economic Conference: Why does Africa need an agricultural transformation?7 December 2016, 2:54 PM 0 1372The need for an Africa-wide agricultural transformation was the subject of a special session organized at the 11th African Economic Conference (AEC) on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 in Abuja, ...
Integrating environmental and social issues, climate change and green growth in Africa’s development15 July 2016, 9:35 AM 0 1599Greening Africa’s Development Greening Africa’s development requires incorporating the environment into every aspect of planning and budgeting process. A healthy natural environment and the ...
Development in Transition States: How AfDB and Sudan Cooperate to Make a Difference14 July 2016, 4:27 PM 0 1314Effective operational reengagement in transition states can often pose a tall order, especially after protracted periods of conflicts. Indeed, the imperative for increased development operations ...